Thank you for your interest in OCRA’s Advocate Leader program.
Note: The deadline to submit an application is November 1, 2020.
Please complete the following application.
Should you have any questions, please contact Abby Jones, Associate, Policy & Operations, at email@example.com.
By submitting this application you agree to the following program requirements:
- As a new Advocate Leader, participate in a Policy 101 webinar with other new Advocate Leaders in 2020.
- Participate in monthly conference calls with other Advocate Leaders and OCRA staff to discuss current projects and OCRA staff to discuss current projects, policies, and legislation.
- Advocates should be prepared to provide updates on monthly actions and receive assignments for the following month. (Conference calls are typically held during the workday in the late afternoon and last no more than one hour.)
- Follow up on OCRA’s Calls-to-Action and share those actions within your community. Calls-to-Action are sent via email throughout the year.
- Meet with your representatives’ local and DC legislative staff on behalf of OCRA and maintain a relationship with them throughout your term as an Advocate Leader.
- Complete at least one awareness activity in September for National Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month.
- Participate in an Advocacy Day on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC in the spring of 2020. (Expenses for Advocacy Day, including lodging and some meals will be paid for by OCRA.) Additionally, reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed by OCRA following participation in Spring Advocacy Day, pending funding approval.