- This event has passed.
Knowledge is Power: Understanding and Managing BRCA-Related Cancer Risk
March 28 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm PDT
Join the Basser Center for BRCA at the University of Pennsylvania and Congregation Beth El for a dynamic evening about the experience of living with BRCA mutations and hereditary cancers. As these mutations affect all populations, a panel of experts in the field will discuss genetic counseling and testing, preventive care and navigating through the challenging decision-making and medical management options faced by mutation carriers.
• Dr. Susan Domchek, Basser Center Executive Director and Medical Oncologist
• Dr. Samantha Langer, Kaiser Permanente Breast Surgeon
• Dr. Allison W. Kurian, Stanford University School of Medicine Associate Professor and Medical Oncologist
• Two community members impacted by these issues
• Moderated by journalist Jill Werman Harris
7:30-9:00 pm: Panel discussion and Q&A
9:00-9:30 pm: Meet & greet with panelists