Make Tax-Free Distributions from your IRA!
Congress has extended the IRA charitable rollover retroactive to January 1, 2015, making it possible for many individuals to make tax-free distributions from their IRA directly to OCRFA. You need to be at least 70 1/2 years of age to qualify.
Here is what you need to know:
- Donors must be at least age 70 ½ at the time the gift is made.
- IRA charitable rollover gifts must be made directly from an IRA account to a qualified charity, such as OCRFA.
- The gift can satisfy all or part of the required minimum distribution for the year.
- Total gifts of up to $100,000 can be made annually.
- Spouses can gift up to $100,000 each.
- This new legislation does not have an expiration date.
To make your IRA charitable rollover gift, contact your IRA administrator and instruct them to make a distribution directly to:
14 Pennsylvania Plaza
New York, NY 10122
OCRFA’s Federal Tax ID number is 13-3806788. Please instruct your IRA administrator to include your name and address whey they transfer the funds so we can properly thank you for your gift and provide you with a receipt for your records.
If you have any questions, please call Bibi Ali, Vice President, Finance, or Jon Zeidman, Vice President, Development at (212) 268-1002.