Giving Tuesday, a global day of charitable giving, is almost here—and OCRA wants to do something a bit different!
It’s one thing if we try to tell the world why ovarian cancer research is crucially important, and why OCRA’s patient support programs matter. But imagine if hundreds of our closest friends say this in their own words, on their own platforms. What a powerful message that would send!
That’s why a generous supporter has pledged to donate $50, up to $50,000, for every social media post on Facebook or Instagram that tags OCRA and uses the hashtag #myOCRAstory on Tuesday, December 1.
Survivors, supporters, researchers —anyone with a connection to ovarian cancer can participate. Each person who posts on Giving Tuesday can help unlock this matching gift that will support ovarian cancer research!
- On Tuesday, December 1st, answer one of these prompts in a post on your Facebook or Instagram page:
- Ovarian cancer research is crucial because…
- I’m grateful to OCRA because …
- The ovarian cancer community has given me…
- I’m involved with OCRA because…
- Tag @ocrahope on Facebook and Instagram and use the hashtags #myOCRAstory #GivingTuesday
- Share your own photo or use the above graphic
- Include this line of text in your post so that your friends and family can easily donate: Please support ovarian cancer research by donating to OCRA: bit.ly/ocragivingtuesday
Join us in sending a clear and strong message that research matters, patients need support, and ovarian cancer must be defeated.
Need some inspiration? Check out a couple of example posts–one for Instagram, and one for Facebook–below.