#30DaysofTeal: Day 13
2016 Woman to Woman Grantees Announced
OCRFA is pleased to announce the recipients of 2016 Woman to Woman grants. Woman to Woman is a network of trained volunteers—survivors of gynecologic cancer—that provide hope, support and education to women in treatment for ovarian and other gynecologic cancers in a variety of settings. Woman to Woman volunteers provide one-to-one emotional support and mentoring, provide information and resources about gynecologic cancer, and empower women to advocate for themselves. Woman to Woman is committed to supporting women and families through all phases of treatment, recurrence, and recovery.
Woman to Woman addresses the critical patient care need for extended, sustained social and emotional support for newly diagnosed patients. While professional healthcare staff may offer assistance throughout treatment, these patients are in need of the continuous and available counsel, which is often unavailable in medical centers and hospitals. In a healthcare environment in which personnel resources are severely limited, Woman to Woman adds value to existing gynecologic cancer services by capitalizing on the unique skills, energy, and labor of experienced volunteers who themselves are survivors of gynecologic cancer.
The 2016 grant recipients are:
- Greenville Health System in Greenville, South Carolina
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, New York
- Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois
- University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida
- Western New York Ovarian Cancer Project in Lockport, New York
- Wisconsin Ovarian Cancer Alliance in New Berlin, Wisconsin
Learn more about Woman to Woman and find the location closest to you.