(December 14, 2017) For over two decades, you have made it possible for OCRFA to fund the most innovative and promising science, resulting in research breakthroughs that have advanced our understanding of ovarian cancer, how it starts and new treatment options, and you have enabled OCRFA to successfully advocate for federal research dollars and provide critical patient support and resources. Thanks to you, OCRFA is the largest ovarian cancer organization in the world.
Here’s just a glimpse of what your donation made possible in 2017:
Progress in the Fight Against Ovarian Cancer
- Identified a possible new therapeutic target for treatment;
- Discovered a new strategy for treating clear cell ovarian cancer;
- Identified a potential relationship between hypertension and ovarian cancer; and
- Began unraveling why many women become resistant to PARP inhibitors.
We saw a significant increase in research grant applications and responded by committing to the largest amount of research funding in our history: $6.7 million.
Expanded Education and Support Programs
- OCRFA’s Survivors Teaching Students® is in 35 states, the UK, Canada and Australia, and reached 11,000 medical and nursing students.
- Our Woman to Woman peer support program now serves newly diagnosed patients at 37 sites around the country.
- Our Ovarian Cancer National Conference® hosted a record number of survivors in Chicago, offering the most ever scholarships for women in need.
Advanced the Interests of Women with Ovarian Cancer
- OCRFA furthered our advocacy agenda on Capitol Hill.
- Our largest Advocacy Day yet brought together advocates and congressional leaders to discuss ovarian cancer policy priorities.
- When $20 million in federal funding for ovarian cancer research was targeted for budget cuts, OCRFA launched a campaign for support in Congress and succeeded in saving the funding.
United the Community for Increased Impact
- OCRFA’s Community Partners program united over 60 ovarian cancer organizations into a national movement with one strong voice to promote research-based messaging and best practices. Because when we work together, we can bring an end to ovarian cancer.
You allow us to continue the work we do for women fighting this disease. We know that we can do so much more, but we need your help. From now until December 31, you can DOUBLE your impact through a matching dollar-for-dollar gift challenge pledged by a generous board member. Please give now. You will be doing twice the good.