Ovarian Cancer Teal It Up Foundation
The Teal It Up Ovarian Cancer Foundation is committed to helping women navigate the challenges of ovarian cancer. The foundation is a 501 (c) 3, tax exempt organization established in 2013.
Here’s how we achieve our mission:
- Comfort bags to newly diagnosed and recurring patients
- Pet therapy visits to treatment rooms and hospitals
- Financial support of genetic counseling and testing within Arizona when medically indicated
- Housecleaning for patients in treatment who meet criteria set by Arizona oncology foundation
- Community outreach programs that raise awareness for ovarian cancer; visiting doctor’s offices, supermarkets, healthfairs, seminars, etc.
- Participating in survivors teaching students, a national program sponsored by Ovarian Cancer Research Alliance. Teal It Up is very supportive of STS, in the valley we go to University of AZ medical school and to local nursing schools to share our diagnosis, treatment and survivorship
- Fundraising events such as golf tournaments, clay target shooting, pistol tournament shoots, and in 2018, a bowling tournament. Fundraising events provide community awareness of not only our foundation but more importantly the disease and its impact
- Support research projects that impact women in treatment