As a young woman diagnosed with ovarian cancer, we know you are facing a different set of challenges than a woman who might be diagnosed later on. You are not alone! Nearly 70,000 adolescent and young adults (AYA) are diagnosed each year with some form of cancer and your challenges as an AYA with ovarian cancer can feel very different than your older counterparts.
This section of our website was designed to help you understand the diagnosis of ovarian cancer and the challenges you may encounter during your course of treatment and recovery. It will also provide strategies to help you discuss your concerns with your healthcare team, enabling you to have a more active role in your care. And most importantly, it is a reminder that you do not have to face ovarian cancer alone.
- Questions for Your Health Care Team
- Information for Parents or Caregivers
- Fertility and Fertility Preservation
- Dealing with Side Effects of Menopause
- Taking Care of Yourself After Diagnosis
- Understanding Insurance Options
- Life After Treatment
- Things You Might Not Have Been Told