(12/14/15) | In 2015, OCRF grantees made several significant advances in the fight against ovarian cancer, including:
- Pinpointing two genes that trigger ovarian cancer
- Identifying a new therapeutic strategy for clear cell ovarian cancer
- Discovering how a tailored surgical approach leads to better outcomes
- Finding clues on the origins of mucinous ovarian cancer
- Showing how a PARP/immune therapy combination shows promise
- Demonstrating how gene therapy may help patients with recurrent disease
- Confirming a generic heart medication can prolong survival
- Explaining the limits of cancer immunotherapy drugs
- Shedding light on how ovarian cancer grows
- Discovering targetable mutations in low grade serous ovarian cancer
- and more.
These discoveries are the direct result of generous donations from people like you. Progress is made every day, and the future is full of promise – with even more important successes to come.
Thank you for supporting cutting-edge research that will one day save women’s lives.