With tax season upon us, financial planning is on many people’s minds. While all gifts made by check or credit card are tax-deductible, there are other ways to fund cutting-edge ovarian cancer research that also offer tax benefits. We have new developments that may be of interest:
- We’ve recently partnered with FreeWill, which makes financial and estate planning simple and altruistic. Learn more about how you can designate OCRA as a beneficiary.
- OCRA now takes cryptocurrency. These donations are also non-taxable, meaning you do not owe capital gains tax on the appreciated amount and can deduct it on your taxes. Discover more about crypto.
- You can also maximize tax savings by making gifts of stock, setting up an IRA distribution, or establishing a donor advised fund (DAF). Learn more.
And, of course, there are many other ways to support OCRA — ranging from fun, team-led initiatives, to simple ‘set it and forget it’ actions.
- Be an OCRA Hero. You don’t need superhuman strength; just a desire to make an impact on everyone touched by ovarian cancer. Whether you host an event, join a fundraiser, sell products, or participate in an endurance effort, there are countless ways to generate support. And we’re here to help you every step of the way.
- Create a tribute page. This is a meaningful way to honor someone currently dealing with ovarian cancer or memorialize a loved one who has passed.
- Join OCRA’s Promise Circle. This group of dedicated supporters are so committed to defeating ovarian cancer, that they’ve established a monthly gift so their support will be steady and enduring.
- Fundraise on Facebook. Make those birthday wishes extra meaningful by dedicating your special day to OCRA.
- Donate your car. Eighty percent of the sale price will be donated to OCRA and our partner, Vehicles for Charity, offers free pick up of cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles and more.
- Shop online. Set your AmazonSmile account to OCRA, so you can support our mission with every order. And you can find great coupons and browse hundreds of major retailers on GoodShop.com, and they’ll donate a percentage of each purchase to OCRA. Every little bit adds up.
- Speaking of adding up, round up your purchases with Cheerful Giving. You’ll receive a monthly statement to keep track for tax purposes, and you can set a limit or pause at any time.
As always, thank you for your support and generosity!