All month long, visit any Newk’s Eatery restaurant across the country to support the fight against ovarian cancer.
Newk’s Cares, the ovarian cancer awareness movement founded by fast-casual restaurant Newk’s Eatery, is committed to saving more lives while honoring the legacy of late co-founder, and former OCRA board member, Lori Newcomb (pictured, right).
Newk’s Cares was founded after Lori was diagnosed with Stage IIIC ovarian cancer in 2013. This September marks the ninth consecutive year Newk’s has invited guests to take part in a series of meaningful online and in-store initiatives, inspired by Lori’s dedication to raising lifesaving funds for ovarian cancer research and spreading awareness.
Here’s how you can join Newk’s in the fight against ovarian cancer this September:
- Place an order for dine-in, to-go, or curbside pick-up at any Newk’s Eatery throughout September, and you can make a difference when you make a donation during the checkout process. All funds collected will benefit OCRA. Find a Newk’s near you.
- Newk’s Cares and Newk’s Eatery will bring OCRA’s Ovarian Cycle back to Jackson, Mississippi, on Thursday, September 22nd, as presenting sponsors for this inspiring and impactful day of fitness and fundraising. This event has now passed.
- On Tuesday, September 27th, all Newk’s Eatery locations will celebrate Lori’s Day by donating 20% of sales from the day to OCRA in her honor.
- Newk’s Eatery supports ovarian cancer research and education all year long, donating $0.10 to OCRA from every Newk’s Cares-themed bottled water, Newk’s H20, purchased in-store or online, and offering teal beverage straws for ovarian cancer awareness year-round.
- Help fund the fight: Your generous gift, made in Lori’s honor, can bring us one step closer to an ovarian cancer cure. Make a donation today.
OCRA is deeply grateful to Newk’s, an important partner in the fight to change the future of ovarian cancer. Help support their efforts by visiting NewksCares.com and following Newk’s Cares on Facebook.