OCRA-funded scientists have been hard at work this year, uncovering breakthroughs in ovarian cancer prevention, diagnostics, and treatment that can save women’s lives.
Our grantees have made incredible progress toward better understanding and eradicating ovarian cancer. Their findings will have real-life impact for women and families battling this disease — and these stunning advancements would not have been possible without your support.
Learn more about the groundbreaking discoveries made by OCRA grantees this year alone in the fight against ovarian cancer. Thanks to you, we…
- revealed two cells of origin for high-grade serous ovarian cancer — the most common type of ovarian cancer
- helped explain why clear cell ovarian cancers typically respond poorly to chemotherapy
- explored new pathways for understanding how and why ovarian cancer spreads to other body systems
- defined a combination therapy that significantly delays tumor growth and has implications for improving patient response to immunotherapy
- shed new light on the possible origins of some ovarian cancers
- advanced the design of drug therapy combinations to more effectively kill cancer cells while sparing healthy ones
- identified new genes associated with increased risk of ovarian cancer
- made progress toward increasing the efficacy of PARP inhibitors
- identified a new drug that destroys stem-like cancer cells, opening the door to better preventing recurrence
- and so much more, thanks to you.
These discoveries are nothing short of incredible. For the survivors, patients and families living with ovarian cancer, they can be life-saving. But we aren’t done yet. There is still so much further to go — and we will not stop until we’ve created a world where no woman has to fear the words “You have ovarian cancer.”
Will you consider a gift to move us closer to this vision?
For everything you do, thank you.