Meet OCRF’s 2013 Research Grant Recipients
OCRF has awarded nearly $6 million in grants for ovarian cancer research this year. After receiving over 170 applications – the highest number in its history, for the second year in a row – OCRF and its prestigious Scientific Advisory Committee endeavored first and foremost to fund the best science. The Committee evaluated each proposal through intensive peer review, and selected a sound portfolio of 2013 grants that represent the present and future of ovarian cancer research.
“We received a very healthy number of solid applications this year, and the depth, breadth and quality of our awards only continues to increase,” says Jeff Boyd, Ph.D., OCRF’s Scientific Advisory Committee Chair and Board Member, and Senior Vice President, Molecular Medicine at Fox Chase Cancer Center. “These scientists are at the top of their game at the national level. The caliber of our grantees and their projects is outstanding – on par with those funded by any other major agency in the country. This speaks to the power and importance of OCRF in the ovarian cancer research community.”
OCRF’s 2013 grants, which range from $75,000 to $900,000, were awarded to 16 scientists. To date, OCRF has invested over $50 million in ovarian cancer research, awarding 195 grants to scientists at 63 leading medical centers in the United States.
Read the official press release here.
- Program Project Development Grant grantees
- -Simon Gayther, Ph.D., University of Southern California
- -Anil Sood, M.D., MD Anderson Cancer Center
- -Elizabeth Swisher, M.D., University of Washington
- Liz Tilberis Scholars
- -Maria Barbolina, Ph.D., University of Illinois, Chicago
- -Stephanie Gaillard, M.D., Duke University Medical Center
- -Michael Goldberg, Ph.D., Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- -Xin Huang, Ph.D., Magee-Womens Research Institute and Foundation
- -Mythreye Karthikeyan, Ph.D., Duke University Medical Center
- -Joyce Liu, M.D., M.P.H., Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Ann Schreiber Program of Excellence grantees
- -Pradeep Chaluvally-Raghavan, Ph.D., MD Anderson Cancer Center
- -Ronald Lee Chandler, Ph.D., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- -Diana Hargreaves, Ph.D., Stanford University
- -Christine Lawson, Ph.D., University of California, San Diego
- -Teng Ma, M.D., Ph.D., University of Michigan
- -David Pepin, Ph.D., Massachusetts General Hospital
- -Yin Wang, Ph.D., Mayo Clinic Jacksonville